Behrooz P. Vida
Behrooz P. Vida possesses 20 years of legal experience and is currently the firm's primary litigation attorney. Since graduating from law school, Behrooz has focused exclusively on handling bankruptcy matters, and is certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in both consumer bankruptcy law and business bankruptcy law.
Behrooz's commitment to legal excellence has earned him several honors, including being selected as a Texas Super Lawyer by Texas Monthly Magazine every year since 2003, and being named Best Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneyby Fort Worth Magazine. Behrooz is often invited to speak and present at seminars and bar association conferences, and his reputation in the local legal community has earned him Martindale-Hubbell's prestigious "AV" rating, indicating the highest levels of professionalism and ethical standards.
Outside of his practice, Behrooz has taught as an adjunct professor at Texas Wesleyan University School of Law since 1998.
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law
- Member, Law Review
- Member, Board of Barristers
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin
- Tarrant County Debtors' Bar, President 1998-1999
- Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar, President 1999-2000
- Master, John C. Ford Inn of Court
- In re Cortez, 457 F.3d 448 (5th Cir. 2006)
- In re Stembridge, 394 F.3d 383 (5th Cir. 2004)
- In re Orsini, 2008 U.S. App. LEXIS 17264, 2008 WL 3342017 (5th Cir. August 11, 2008)
- In re Sonntag, 115 Fed. Appx. 680 2004 U.S. App. LEXIS 22645 (5th Cir. November 1, 2004)
- In re Spalding, 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 81682, 2008 WL 4566459 (N.D. Tex. October 14, 2008)
- In re Zinser, 2007 WL 3479604 (Bankr. N.D.Tex. November 15, 2007), aff'd, Zinser v. Truman (N.D. Tex. October 20, 2008)
- Int'l Beauty Prods., LLC v. Beveridge (In re Beveridge), 2009 Bankr. LEXIS 2225 (Bankr. N. D. Tex. August 18, 2009)
- In re Meadows, 410 B.R. 242 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2009)
- Green State Public Adjusters, Inc. v. Wood ( In re Wood), 2009 Bankr. LEXIS 1728 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. June 29, 2009)
- In re Davis, 2008 Bankr. LEXIS 2545 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. October 16, 2008)
- In re Steel, 2008 Bankr. LEXIS 1851, 2008 WL 2486060, (Bankr. N.D. Tex. June 12, 2008)
- In re Graham, 2008 Bankr. LEXIS 1071 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. April 15, 2008)
- In re Sauntry, 390 B.R. 848 (Bankr. E.D. Tex. 2008), aff'd, (E.D. Tex. 2008)
- In re Braune, 385 B.R. 167 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2008)
- In re Brooks, 371 B.R. 761 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2007)
- In re Flores, 363 B.R. 799 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2007)
- In re Hardacre, 338 B.R. 718 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2006)
- In re Reinicke, 338 B.R. 292 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2006)
- In re Nahat, 315 B.R. 368 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2004)
- In re Simmons, 288 B.R. 737 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2003)
- In re Shortt, 277 B.R. 683 ( Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2002)
- In re Nahat, 278 B.R. 108 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2002)
- In re Eschenbach, 267 B.R. 921 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2001)
- In re White, 265 B.R. 547 (Bankr. N.D. Tex. 2001)
- In re Odom, 1997 Bankr. LEXIS 66, 1997 WL 154017 (Bankr. N.D. Tex., January 16, 1997).
Speaking and Writing
- Speaker/Author, The Ethics of Choosing Which Chapter, State Bar 25th Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course, 2009.
- Speaker, Practicing in Bankruptcy Court, Fort Worth - Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association Annual Member CLE, 2009.
- Speaker, Bankruptcy Practice, DFW Association of Young Lawyers, 2009.
- Speaker, Bankruptcy Update, Tarrant County Brown Bag Seminar Series, November 7, 2008.
- Speaker, Loss Mitigation, Five Star Seminars, September 19, 2008.
- Speaker/Author, The Burden of Proof and Proof of Claim, The University of Texas 4th Annual Consumer Bankruptcy Course, 2008.
- Speaker, Recent Caselaw, Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar, 2008.
- Speaker, New Developments Regarding Cars in Bankruptcy, State Bar 23rd Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course, 2007.
- Speaker/Author, Bankruptcy Appeal, The University of Texas 3rd Annual Consumer Bankruptcy Practice, 2007.
- Speaker, Handling Consumer Chapter 13 Cases Under BAPCPA, Northern District of Texas Bench/Bar Seminar 2006.
- Speaker/Author, Cars-Let Them Eat Steel, The University of Texas 2d Annual Consumer Bankruptcy Practice, 2006.
- Speaker/Author, Chapter 13 Practice Under the New Code, Understanding the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 in Texas, Lorman Education Service, 2006.
- Speaker, BAPCPA 2005, Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar, 2005.
- Speaker, Exemptions: What May You Keep While Serving Your Time in Debtors' Prison?, The University of Texas Consumer Bankruptcy Practice, 2005.
- Author/Speaker, How to Organize and Manage Your Consumer Bankruptcy Practice, The Law Office Management Program, State Bar of Texas, 2004.
- Speaker, Selected Consumer Issues, 22nd Annual University of Texas Bankruptcy Conference, 2003.
- Author/Speaker, IRS Issues, Treatment of Student Loans, Budget Issues, and Post-petition Sale of Homes in Chapter 13 Cases, 13th Annual Chapter 13 Consumer Bankruptcy Conference, 2003.
- Speaker, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Tarrant County Bankruptcy Bar, 2002.
- Speaker, Bankruptcy Fun and Games: A Humorous Look at Serious Issues, Consumer Bankruptcy Conference (presented by Chapter 13 Trustees for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas), 2002.
- Author/Speaker, Means Testing/Filing Issues, Texas State Bar 17th Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course, 2001.
- Author/Speaker, Discharging Taxes in Bankruptcy, Consumer Bankruptcy Conference (presented by DFW Chapter 13 Trustees), 2001.
- Author/Speaker, Discharging Taxes in Bankruptcy, Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Issues in Texas, 2001.
- Speaker, Impact of Military Activation on Bankruptcy and Other Related Federal Laws, Enduring L.A.M.P.(Legal Assistance to Military Personnel), Tarrant County Bar Association, 2001.
- Speaker, Fundamentals of Bankruptcy, Fort Worth Paralegal Association, 2001.
- Speaker, Mock Trial of Objection to Confirmation, the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, 2000.